Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Tulsa Tough's Cry Baby Hill

Click on this link to watch a quick news video of Tulsa Tough's Cry Baby Hill . Ok, I know what is a mountain biker like my self doing at a National Race Calender road crit? Well, I dunno! I was supposed to go race at Blue Springs in the Missouri state Championship, but since it looked like they were gonna get rained on, I decided to go to Arkansas to race at Hobbs in the Battle for Townsend Ridge. Well, I get up at 5 AM to thunder, and after looking at the weather maps it looked as though Both Mountain bike races were either getting rain, or likely to get rain. So last option was Tulsa Tough! Being in Pittsburg Kansas isn't so bad, I always have to travel to the races, but never more than a couple hours from Tulsa, Fayetteville, KC, or Springfield. So Tulsa it was, I'm not a great roadie, but I do enjoy the competition of it. This race was huge! I'm just a Cat. 4 Roadie and we had 77 signed up for my class alone, I have only raced one other crit this year.
The crowd on Cry Baby Hill was great! They were loud, lewd and armed with super soakers, once I was dropped the harassment began! Every time we (the dropped) came up the hill we were greeted with gracious encouragement such as "Get your A$$ back up to the pack!" Followed by a nice bath! LOL, it was a blast. I have never enjoyed being dropped more than I did on Sunday. After checking the results, I was surprised to see that I finished 39th. Not a very good finish, but atleast I wasn't 77th! I must say I think I will return for the entire race weekend of Tulsa Tough in 2012. Don't worry you Mountain Bike peeps, I will Never Convert over. But, I will find myself within a peleton from time to time. After all, its still bike riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment