Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Monday, December 13, 2010

This summer at XC Mtb. Nationals

I Finally got a picture of my National XC race in Colorado this Summer. I finished 10th in the Cat 2's. Team mate JP Shores made the trip also, and he placed 15th, I think. It seems like so
long ago. I miss those warm days! This race was unseasonably warm for the mountains in Colorado, at the time I was hoping for cooler weather that day. The ground was really dry and the air was thin! They started us on a 18% climb that seemed like it went on forever. I led up the climb but when we hit the highest altitude, I couldn't breath worth a darn. My lungs were burning pretty bad. I had to back off and it took me nearly the rest of the race to recover. Very disappointing, but I guess I did ok for a flat lander. Next time I won't take off so hard from the beginning. On the pre-ride I was able to ride a section with Todd Wells, he's a good dude. We chatted a little about Lance, you know small talk. LOL, then he won the national title on Saturday. He's a bad ass what's he up to this year? Two national titles? What I would give to be that talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment