Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

training in the cold tips from Planet of the Mapes and the Jens Factor


To enlarge the Jens Factor image click on the image and then zoom it in. Jens is one tough cookie, check out his factor for how to dress for the cold.
Ok, It's officially cold as heck for riding! I'm riding a century tomorrow and its supposed to be 10 degrees when I kick it off! Holy smokes batman! Anyway, it's intimidating to start but if you dress properly it's not that horrible once you get going, at least that's what I tell myself. Tomorrow I will wear knee warmers with two pairs of tights, one long sleeve jersey with a cycling coat, two layers of shoe covers with chemical foot warmer in the shoe. I will where a pearl izumi ear warmer and a balaclava face mask and my oakley Jawbones to cover my eyes, the more you can cover the better! I will wear ski grade gloves with chemical hand warmers. To keep your bottles from freezing up I will have bottles in my pocket to rotate every half hour or so with the bottles in the cage, having bottles in your pockets will keep from freezing due to body heat.

2 comments:

  1. I only got 72 in, I waited until the temp hit 15 degrees before I started, so I lost about 2 hours. The first two hours sucked balls, but after that it finally got up to 28 and felt a little better.

    ReplyDelete