Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

10th annual New Years Day Century hosted by Tailwind Cyclists


13 is my lucky number and the total cyclist that started the new years day ride at 9 AM January 1st. Some of the riders opted to choose shorter routes but the main event was the 100 miler. The start was a little frosty at 20 degrees F. with 10-15 mph winds.

30 miles in and only 9 of us left, we are a little disorganized at this point Jim Simone needed to take a phone call, so we are just chillin while waiting for him. I decided to make it a photo op.


We stopped at Casey's for coffee and I wanted some motrin to relieve the killer head ache I had. I stayed up too late on New Years Eve!



And then there was five!

All in all, it was a pretty mellow ride. We never really pushed the pace very much, we had some newbies to the ride. Our goal was to get as many to the finish line as possible. Dan McNally, Jon Mayfield, and myself did 90% of the domestique work. The pace wasn't very hard so I was happy to take the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment