Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ice Road Biking

This section of road was interesting on my road bike! about a mile down the road I came to a truck that had slid off the road and took out an electric pole, I should have taken a picture, but my fingers were hurting pretty bad. The looks I got from the spectators was priceless, I had to pop off my mouth by saying something like "some people don't know how to drive on the ice" LOL I have been riding on the slick stuff for many years, you just have to stay balanced on the bike, stay relaxed and make no sudden movements. It gives a whole new perspective to "hold your line"


And here comes more snow! Boy I will be glad when spring and summer arrive.

My parts for my trainer came in today, now I just need a window of opportunity so that I can attempt to do my trainer century for the second time, hopefully It doesn't break on me again. It's looking like the next week is gonna be good enough for me to hit the roads outside. But as soon as the mercury drops into the teens for the daily high, I will attempt it again. I'm almost obsessed with completing it, and I absolutely hate riding on trainers. I think I have lost my mind!

1 comment:

  1. Just read on Denny's blog your 40 also.... Man, the heard keeps thinning... good for me!!

    Guess it does not matter much, will start every race just trying for 3rd... Donn and Elwell are animals!

    ReplyDelete