Just another day at the office.

Just another day at the office.
Just another day at the office.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet Eddie, the master sprinter


Probably my favorite part of American Flyer's is the introduction of sprint training partner Eddie, he is a real "Son of a Bitch"! I think I have met a few of his kin around my training circuits. The whole family are Sons a Bitches! LOL

Anyway, I got 71 miles into my trainer/century when my trainer malfunctioned. The load bolt stripped out, shouldn't be a big deal except I wasn't able to finish the full 100! I was not putting in a very fast effort anyways. 4 and a half hours and still had 29 miles to go! So now I must try it again, after I get the trainer repaired. I'm gonna try to up the pace next time.

It's the weirdest thing how our mind works, when I do 2 hour training rides on the trainer they seem very long but when I knew I was gonna be on for 6 hours, the first two didn't seem that bad? Hmm, maybe some research design is in order for this one? Anyway I guess I will try it another time, but I will probably wait till the weather sucks again. It looks like it's gonna be warm enough for me for the next few days to ride outside, and with classes starting back up next week I'm not sure when I can try it again. As long as I have 20+degrees F. I refuse to ride indoors, unless something dictates me to do so.

Cya all on the trails soon! GMoney

2 comments: